29 Oct Nutty Bars Gluten-Free & Sugar-Free
Nutty Bars = Perfect Snack
Nutty Bars are THE perfect snack when you need a protein-packed powerhouse snack mid-day. Other than the natural raw honey there is no sugar added and this recipe is perfect for anyone on a reduced sugar diet.
Gluten-Free and Sugar-Free!
Oh, did I mention they are also gluten-free and sugar-free?
Enjoy these yummy bars and be sure and share with any of your friends who are either trying to reduce their blood sugar levels or prefer to eat sugar-free! I made a batch the other day and put them in the freezer, just assuming my family would give them time to thaw out before the devoured them. Umm… wrong. I think they like them frozen almost as good as right out of the fridge!
These are guaranteed to be a BIG hit!
Are you looking for a delicious gluten-free & sugar-free breakfast option? Check out this yummy muffin recipe too!
- 1 T grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 C cashews
- 1/2 C raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 C toasted almonds
- 1/2 C raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 C ground flaxseeds
- 1/3 C dried cranberries
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 2 C gluten-free oat cereal
- 1 C cashew or sunflower butter
- 3/4 C honey
- Lightly coat a 9 x 13 pan or baking dish with grapeseed oil.
- Put the cashews in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are ground into a fine powder.
- Put the cashew powder and add all seeds, cranberries, cinnamon and oat cereal into a bowl.
- Heat the cashew or sunflower butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir.
- Add the honey and stir until bubbling hot.
- Pour the butter into the mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until coated.
- Press the mixture into the greased dish or pan so it forms an even layer.
- Let this yummy treat cool in the refrigerator and get ready to be dazzled!
- When the mixture is cool cut into 16 equal bars. If you prefer to freeze the bars wrap them up in wax paper and defrost when ready to eat.
- The bars will last up to 4 months in the freezer.